Ahaha! I was asked that, today. Of course, the fellow was being cheeky and I have to tell you he's not Christian (his family's Buddhist), but he did seem to have a fair understanding of Jesus and Easter (which came up in his "learn English" magazine). So the conversation went along the lines of reading that Jesus was crucified and then that he was resurrected 3 days later, so I explained that his actual body came back to life, we talked a bit about the difference between the physical body and the spirit, he told me about the Shroud (he does have all the "scientific" knowledge and facts on everything, ha), etc. Then he threw out, "Is Jesus a zombie?" and snickered. Haha. Silly. But very interesting... that never even crossed my mind. Takes a cheeky 14-year-old non-Christian boy to bring such ponderous issues to light! >:D
I had been thinking earlier, though, that it's interesting that several cultures kind of converge with celebrations right around the same time: Passover, Easter and Tomb Sweeping Day (the last one being today, by the by).
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment