Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Some Mother's Child"

Sam's song, from a trip to Romania:



Anything involving children always just breaks my heart. Well, a lot of things do, but when I see kids with difficult lives, it's just that much worse.

When I hear people complaining about their childhood, about all the things they never had, opportunities they missed or some inconveniences or unpleasant experiences, I always wonder if they've ever seen real hardship or talked to a kid who never had a home or was kicked out of their home or whose home they could be in, but that would be much worse for them than the situation they currently find themselves in.

Anyway, not to be morose or anything, but I like to be reminded of how good I've always had it, reminded to pray and to do what I do to keep the wheels of good spinning.

Here's his post, with the background on the song:

Sam's Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment