There are some people with whom you immediately feel a connection -- people who make it easy for you to be yourself, for you to be dumb or silly without feeling judged, who don’t expect you to be polished or perfect. Basically, they let you be yourself and feel comfortable about it, without worrying about trying to make an okay impression.
Most of us need to feel like we “belong” -– Hik and Angel, you’ve always made me feel like I belonged, whether or not you did it intentionally: I always had somebody to run home to, someone to bug, or just space out with. It was perfect for this time in my life.
You guys were landing in Japan when I was already loudly and publicly complaining about your absence (and showing Shoba’s toothy and grinning picture, sniff). Someone said “you’ll be fine, they’re just your friends -– it's not like it’s family”. Well, you feel like family to me. You have your little family and you get to take each other with you when you move, so I know leaving isn’t the same as being left behind :(, but you’re leaving a big hole in this pathetic little creature’s life. Sniff.
Oh well, someday, when we’re old and grey, we shall meet again (swingin'! ahahahaha).
It seems dumb to feel so sad about saying goodbye, but it’s actually a good thing, in my case: missing you reminds me that I’m alive; that life isn’t only about work and intense, complicated and serious things; that, besides serving the Lord, the most important things in my life are family and friends. Feeling sad about seeing you leave is a reality check for me, as, otherwise, I can become pretty tough and unfeeling (or at least pretend to be, heh).
Anyway, I’ll miss you severely -- and I know Shoba will more than miss me, even if you won't admit it, ehe.
Our friendship has made me a better person.
Well, words are entirely inadequate, so I won’t try.
I admire both of you so much – this is a huge step; I know you’ll do fine, because you’re both fine people, with fine ideals, fine goals, fine mentalities and approaches -– plus, Jesus loves you and is in control. :) Let me know if you ever need anything from me. I’ll be praying for everything to go well and especially for the difficult things, that take a bit more work and perseverance, to turn out well quickly enough.
I’m including that beautiful (er...) song at the end, here, in case you conveniently left/forgot the printout.—And here are some last-days memories, from my perspective (video links included in photo captions):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angelinarieli/sets/72157622625205528/
Aww...
It won't be easy, you'll think it strange
When you’re gone I know how you will feel
That you still need my love after all you have done
You won't believe me
You may even forget this life you once knew
Although you’ll pretend you are fine
I know you’ll be missing miss me too
Don’t cry for me, Hik and Angel
The truth is I’ll never leave you
You will remember
When Sho is singing
Or it’s gourds for dinner
At least make sure you’re swinging
We have to let it happen, the journey’s change
Couldn’t stay all your life at this wheel
Looking out of the window, staying out of the sun
So choose this freedom
Running around, trying everything new
But just don’t forget to call
That’s what I’m expecting of you
Don’t cry for me, Hik and Angel
The truth is I’ll never leave you
You will remember
When Sho is singing
Or it’s gourds for dinner
At least make sure you’re swinging
Have I said too much?
There's nothing more I can think of to say to you.
But all you have to do is look at me to know
That every word is true
No comments:
Post a Comment